July 6, 1986, a child was born in the great state of Texas and for the past 31 years, life has been a rollercoaster ride! Today I am thankful for my family and close friends and for having the opportunity to breathe on my own. I’m thankful that I have people in my life who push me to be the greatest me possible, who encourage me when I’m down, and who love me. I’m one of those people who are big on dates so today is my New Year! I have 365 until another birthday comes, and unlike my birthdays in the past…I’m taking 31 by storm. My goal for this year is to see what happens when I give 100% effort in every area of life 100% of the time. So with that being said…let’s go to work. Here are a few things I plan on implementing in this new year:
- Become a strict vegetarian – I’ve been a semi-vegetarian for the past 8 months (Rudy’s Chicken in Dallas is the devil), but today starts my journey of committing myself to not consuming any meat. I was going to try vegan but the way I love eggs…not happening.
- Spend quality time with God daily – I pray every day, but it’s usually after my feelings have been hurt or I’m upset about something. I desire to spend time learning more about Him, learning from Him, and becoming a better person.
- No more excuses – Listen, I’ve put off so many things because of excuses and today starts a year of accepting responsibility and moving forward.
- Focus on health NOT weight – I’ve been on a weight loss journey for about 300 years and I’ve made progress. But today there will be a switch…what will happen when I focus more on my health and less on my weight? We shall see
- Find a reason to twerk daily – Yes, I said twerk! I love to dance and my goal is to find the happiness in every day. Have twerk-worthy moments and celebrate the small victories!
31, it’s nice to meet you.